Selwyn Senatori er en populær neo-popartkunstner fra Nederland. Han er halvt italiensk og maler det som han setter pris på i livet, det gode liv, La Dolce Vita. Det være seg god mat og vin, Italia, musikk, filmer, damer og design. Med sine fargesprakende malerier uttrykker han sin italienske bakgrunn. Den unike og moderne stilen hans er blitt en stor internasjonal suksess. På grunn av et stort og variert klientell og mange utstillinger er motivkretsen både stor og omfangsrik. Han jobber hovedsakelig med akryl på lerret, men benytter også kritt, blyant og spraymaling. Han har et stort studio midt i sentrum av Amsterdam hvor man har muligheten til å stikke innom og se.De siste årene har han gjort mange store og interessante prosjekter. Fra å male i ærverdige Rijksmuseum Amsterdam, museet som huser de store mesterverkene fra The Golden Age med bl.a. Rembrandt og Vermeer, til å male “live” på populære TV-show. Og i 2008 produserte han et silketrykk for Mercedes Benz, hvor Christina Aguilera frontet selve kampanjen. Og han har laget utbrettsside-tegninger for Playboy Magazine.For prosjektet “Art Cars”, malte/dekorerte han en Fiat 500 som nå er stilt ut i Kröller-Müller Museum, som har en internasjonalt anerkjent samling av kunst fra de to siste århundrer. Vi kan nevne at en rekke giganter innen kunsten også har laget sine Art Cars; David Hockney, Roy Lichtenstein og Jeff Koons. Selwyn Senatori stiller altså ut sammen med disse storhetene på dette museet.Foruten utstillingene i Nederland, har han stilt ut i Moskva, Paris, Oslo, Milan, New York - og nå Oslo igjen.Selwyn Senatori is a popular half Italian, half Dutch Neo-pop-artist who is known for his figurative action paintings. He is awfully stylish and at the same time commonly ‘Amsterdam’. He is the suit, pocket chief, custommade shoe guy with a glass of champagne in his hand. But he is also shorts with paint smeared all over combined with a pair of ﬂip ﬂops.Selwyn makes art that generates instant happiness. He draws inspiration from la Dolce Vita; Art crowded with Italian scoundrels, Amsterdam gangsters, good food and drinks, Italy, music, movies, women, design, expensive cars and parties. Take a closer look, however, and you will see a deeper layer, another side of the hedonist, the bon vivant. Everything appears on the canvas for a reason, every word or object has it’s own story. With his motto ‘It’s not a job, it’s a lifestyle’, he communicates his style not only through his art, but also throughout his way of living.
Selwyn’s art work is an ode to life, parties, woman, fashion, good food and sexuality. What you see is not imagined, it’s real.That’s why his work is celebrated internationally and embrased by celebs like Paris Hilton, Pharell Williams, Douzen Kroes, Armin van Buuren and Kate Winslet.His unique, fresh style is celebrated internationally, as his colorful paintings tell the story of his Italian background. Senatori works in acrylic paint on canvas or linen with experimentation in chalk, pencils and spray cans. Besides using a canvas he draws and paints on almost anything he could lay his hands on. From tablecloths during dinner to women, cars, vespa’s, champagne bottles, bycicles and even entire busses. Senatori is the ambassador of living the good life, based in Amsterdam where he lives and works. Besides the Netherlands his art work is celebrated internationally with exhibitions across the globe, from New York to Dubai, Moscow to Hong Kong, Paris and Oslo.
Recent activities and events and collabs in 2015 and 2016:
- Selwyns art work will be prominently featured in the Hollywood movie "Collateral Beauty" featuring Kate Winslet, Keira Knightly and Will Smith. His art piece "Tomorrow I’ll be Famous" will be the signature piece of the character played by Kate Winslet.
- Selwyn will attend the cow parade again. A parade were the biggest artists alive create a limited edition Statue and sell it globally.
- Selwyn will make his introduction in Dubai by making an gigantic Mural in one of the best Hotels in Dubai; Fairmont hotel.
- Besides Oslo Selwyn will exhibit this year in NYC, Amsterdam, Leiden, Eindhoven and Barcelona.
- This year Selwyn will paint one of the biggest murals ever in Barcelona, Spain.
- Selwyn has his own wine label named "Rock’n'Rolle wine" that has been launched in Hong Kong, the Bahama’s, Cuba and the US this year.Selwyn has produced his own wine together with a famous dutch radio DJ called Gerard Ekdom. The wine is being sold worldwide and the rose wine will be launched this summer
- Selwyn will launch his own paint, "Senatori Colori", just like van Gogh and Rembrandt once did.
- Selwyn will launch a pilot for his own television show for Dutch television.
- Selwyn has his own 3D-line named "Senatoritown", statues and usable object that look like they walked out of the paintings and being brought to life with his own designed and hand painted objects, all objects are limited editions. "Senatoritown" is being sold in 11 countries worldwide and still counting.
- Exhibition Hong Kong November 2015
- Kiehls NYC april 2015: Senatori was the first dutch celebrity who created art work for this beauty brand, celebrities like Alicia Keys and Pharrell Williams collaborated before him
- Miffy’s birthday bash (60 years young) from april 2015; Collaboration with worlds most famous bunny. He created a special edition Miffy which has been sold wordwide.
- JFK magazine (continuing collaboration) features with a monthly column and his own drawings.
- Recent exhibitions: Affordable art fair 2015: Amsterdam, Breda, New York.
Corporate and brand Collaborations:
- Mercedes Benz: He created a silkscreen were Christina Aquilera did the campaign for.
- Champagne: Moët et Chandon, Veuve Clicquot, Dom Perignon, he for example created some costummade bottles, but also collaborated in special events.
- Wines: l’exception and Toques et Clochers wines, he for example created serveral labels for the wines but also costummade wine coolers for high end restaurants.
- Schiphol AMS airport: painted shuttle busses to support the ‘happy holiday feeling’.
- SMEG Refrigerators: SMEG presented his painted custom made coolers in their Retail stores.
- Playboy Magazine: featured his full page drawings in numerous issues.
- Dutch coffeebrand ‘DOUWE EGBERTS’: designed cofffee mugs for retail.
- UGO taxi: ambassadorship for this new Amsterdam taxi brand (one of their Taxi’s is completely styled by Selwyn).
- Olympus: ambassador of this camerabrand were he made serveral commercials for
- Pret a pregnant; magazine for fashionable mothers were he custommade a black bugaboo bee
- Carwrap/artcar: special edition Selwyn Senatori Car wrapping.
- Harbour Club Amsterdam: in 2012, painted a large Wall mural 64 square meters.
- Harbour Club Ibiza: August 2013, painted a large colorful Wall mural. In outside area, painted Black & White in entire interior space, along with tables, club boat, ice buckets, etc.
- Intercontinental The Grand Hotel, Amsterdam: painted the raw oyster bar of the hotel restaurant.
- Ron gastrobar by Ron Blaauw; paintings are prominently featured. Blaauw on fifth; restaurant on the top floor of the dutch soccer stadium; paintings are prominently featured.
- Bagatelle, New York; paintings are prominently featured.
- Ketel 1 vodka for movember; ambassadorship in accuse to create awareness for prostate cancer.
- TOMS shoes: painted serveral shoes and glasses fort his international charity organisation (started in LA);
- Dance for live charity: organisation were dutch supermodel Doutzen Kroes is the ambassador of;
- Pink Ribbon; organisation against breastcancer, fort his organisation he painted an entire parking space.
Utdannelse:1993-99 Illustrasjonsdesign, Hogeschool voor de Kunsten i Utrecht